Artichokes With Butter Sauce (serves 4)
- 4 medium Artichokes
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp. of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup of Butter.
- 1/2 tsp. of Garlic Powder
- Slice 1 inch from the top of the artichokes. Cut stem even with base. With kitchen shears, snip off sharp tips. Wash thoroughly.
- Place upside down in a baking dish. Combine water, oil and lemon juice. Pour over artichokes. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) until base is tender, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place butter in a 1 cup measure. Microwave at HIGH (100%) until melted, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Stir in a teaspoon of Lemon Juice and the garlic powder. Serve with the artichokes.