Chicken and Ziti with Two Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound chicken cutlets, sliced into 1/2 inch ribbons
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 Italian tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 dried tomatoes, cut into slivers
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ziti
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- * In a large bowl, combine flour, oregano, thyme, and basil. Add chicken and coat well with flour mixture.
- * In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- * Add chicken to the skillet and saute until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- * Add Italian tomatoes, with their juice, to the skillet, along with dried tomatoes, garlic, bay leaves, and stock Bring to a boil, then continue to boil for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add chicken and ziti, and heat until they are warm and dried tomatoes have softened, about 2 minutes. Remove bay leaves and serve hot in shallow bowls, sprinkled with Parmesan.
- * Makes 4 servings