- 1 packet of couscous, about 2 cups
- 1 chicken quartered
- 1 large onion, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening or butter
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup shortening or butter and vegetable oil mixture
- 7 ounces chopped and fried sausages
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oil for cooking couscous
- 1 clove, 1 nutmeg and 1 cardamom pod raisins for garnishing
- • Fry chicken with shortening and oil mixture.
- • Cover chicken, onion and solid spices with 2 litres of water.
- • Cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.
- • Remove chicken and place aside.
- • Boil water.
- • Add salt, oil, couscous and butter.
- • Put heat off.
- • Mix using a fork until couscous absorbs all the water.
- • Leave aside for 7 minutes.
- • You can reheat the couscous on low heat while stirring constantly.
- • Remove couscous from water.
- • Drain.
- • Place in a platter, garnish with chicken, raisins and sausages.