Garlic Prawns Provencale
- 12 Large Prawns (headless and peeled)
- 1oz./30g. Butter or Margarine
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1oz./30ml. Dry Wine White
- 3oz./90ml. Whipping Cream
- 1 Small Green Onion (diced)
- 1 tbs. Diced Tomato
- Salt & Pepper
- * METHOD: Melt butter in sauce pan, add the prawns and cook over high heat. Add the garlic, onion and tomato. Deglaze the pan with the wine and let reduce in half, then add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. As it reduces, it will become a sauce. This procedure takes only about 5 minutes. Serve on a bed of rice or with bread. Garnish with lemon slices.
- * NOTE: Provencale refers to the garlic and tomato. Pernod may be substituted for the white wine, making the dish Prawns a la Pernod
- * WINE SUGGESTIONS: Dry White Wines: Burgundy, Bordeaux, Riesling.