Golden chicken with potatoes recipe
- 32 ounces chicken, cleaned and cut into 4 pieces
- 32 ounces potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic head, crushed with a dash of salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, as desired
- 1 teaspoon salt, as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- • Place chicken pieces in a pot. Cover with water.
- • Add onion, allspice, salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
- • Cover pot and cook on medium heat for 40 minutes.
- • Remove chicken pieces from pot. Strain stock.
- • Return chicken and stock to pot.
- • Fry potatoes in hot oil until golden.
- • Remove and add to chicken and stock.
- • Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- • Fry coriander and garlic in hot oil.
- • Remove and add to chicken in pot.
- • Mix mixture. Remove chicken from pot.
- • Serve hot in a platter.
- • Squeeze over lemon juice.