Grilled wheat grains recipe
- 14 ounces lamb stew meat, cubed
- 2 cups freekeh, grilled green wheat
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled
- 2 tablespoons shortening or butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pine nuts fried in vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup blanched and fried almonds
- Some fat
- • Fry meat with 1 tablespoon shortening till brown all over.
- • Cover with water, add peeled onion, salt, cinnamon, cook over medium heat for 2 hours or till tender.
- • Remove meat, put aside.
- • Reserve stock.
- • Remove stones from freekeh, wash and drain.
- • Fry freekeh with fat and shortening.
- • Bring stock to a boil, adjust salt.
- • Add freekeh and see that stock is about 7 cm above freekeh.
- • Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- • Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes. Do not stir mixture.
- • Serve it garnished with meat, almonds and pine nuts.