Ingredients required for apple strudel
Salt a pinch
FILLING INGREDIENTS which can be used for apple strudel
Cinnamon powder 5gms
Cake Crumb 20gms
Method on how to Prepare Apple Strudel Recipe :
- Prepare the dough.
- Sieve together the flour and salt.
- Add the oil, egg and water then thoroughly mix together. Until a smooth soft dough is prepared.
- Knead the dough for several minutes.
- Cover and allow to rest in a cool place for an hour.
- Roll out the dough into a very thin rectangular then transfer it to a floured clothes.
- Carefully stretch the dough with the black of the hands. Working out words from the centre. Until it is very thin and almost transparent.
- Trim of the ends to produce a neat rectangle cover with clean cloths until a filling is ready.
- Mean while prepare the filling.
- Cut the apples into segments (Quarter if you are using small apples).
- Care the segments peel than slice thinly.
- Add the sugar, sultana, cinnamon and lemon zest and mix together.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, then add the bread crumbs and fry until crisps & golden brown allow to coat.
- Remove the cloth from the dough, sprinkle the bread crumbs over if then cover with the filling leaving a margin of about (3/4inch) on 3 of the size & aside margin of 100mm (4inch) at the top end.
- Turn over the edges then using the cloth roll up the dough and filling. Stopping at the top edge.
- Lightly brushed the inside of the top edge with butter so that when you have finished rolling it up it secure the roll.
- Transfer the strudel to a lightly greased and floured baking fray. Carefully handling it with a cloth and making sure the edge you have just secure with butter is upper most.
- Give a final brushing of melted butter over the whole roll to form a glaze then bake at 200°C (395°F) until cooked and golden brown about 40 minutes.
- Remove the strudel from the oven and sprinkle lightly with icing sugar.
- If it is to be served hot place it. (Either whole of sliced) on a warm serving dish. Alternatively leave it to cool until required.
- Accompany with Chantilly cream.