Kibbi balls with sesame paste recipe
- 32 ounces kibbi balls, size 10 cm each, baked for 10 minutes
- 3 cups sesame paste
- 32 ounces roughly chopped onion
- 32 ounces fresh orange juice, strained
- 16 ounces fresh tangerine juice, strained
- 16 ounces lemon juice, strained
- 32 ounces Seville orange, strained
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate thickened juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon salt, as desired
- • Put sesame paste in a large pot, add all juices (except pomegranate), olive oil and water gradually.
- • Do not stop stirring as you add liquids.
- • When mixture is consistent, add salt and pomegranate juice. Stir.
- • Fry onions in oil then grind in a food grinder.
- • Add to mixture and stir well over medium heat for 30 minutes or till you see sesame paste oil appears on top of mixture.
- • Add kibbi balls one by one.
- • Let mixture boil for 5 minutes.
- • Serve hot with rice.
- • You can buy canned unsweetened juices.