Liquorice roots juice recipe
- 16 ounces ground liquorice roots
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 15 cups of water
- Sugar, as desired
- A piece of muslin
- Grated ice
- • Place ground liquorice in a piece of muslin.
- • Add 1/2 quantity of bicarbonate of soda.
- • Pour 4 cups of water in liquorice.
- • Rub well until the color of liquid becomes dark.
- • Add the remaining quantity of bicarbonate of soda.
- • Tie the muslin to form a bag on a bowl.
- • Pour water and turn over the bag from time to time.
- • Place in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
- • Serve cold sweetened with sugar.
- • Sprinkle on top some grated ice.