Long Island Potato Salad – German Style
- 6 medium Long Island Potatos
- 4 strips of bacon, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
- * Boil the potatos in their skins in a medium saucepan but do not overcook.
- * Peel and slice potatos while still warm.
- * Heat the bacon in a skillet. Mince the bacon and saute with
- onion, celery and pickle.
- Heat to boiling the following:
- 1/4 cup of water or stock with vinegar, sugar, salt, paprika and mustard.
- Pour the boiling mixture into the skillet.
- Gently add the potatos.
- Serve at once.
- Serves 6