Pacific Island Broil
- 1 cleaned, gutted large deep water fish (white meat)
- 2 onion, cut into rings
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- * Take any large deep water fish and either clean and filet it, or whole with the meat cut away from the bone, skin intact, all scales removed.
- * Spread mayonnaise throughout the inside of the whole fish. The meat on both sides of the bone will resemble slices of bread. The mayo will go between these slices.
- * Cut the onions into rings and spread them throughout the fish.
- * Add lemon juice from half a lemon.
- * Wrap the whole length in aluminum foil. The fish must be entirely enclosed.
- * Place on an open fire. Leave each side for approximately 15 minutes (depending upon the size of the fish.) Turn and give the other side the same amount of time on the exposed flames.