Pea with carrots stew recipe
- 32 ounces green peas, frozen
- 16 ounces lamb or beef stew meat, cubed
- 16 ounces carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, as desired
- A dash of ground allspice
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons shortening or butter
- • Fry meat with 1 1/2 tablespoons butter until golden.
- • Add spices and water.
- • Cover pot and cook for 2 hours until tender.
- • Fry carrots in remaining butter for 3 minutes on low heat.
- • Stir in peas then tomato paste.
- • Add meat to peas. Cover with stock.
- • Cover pot. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- • Serve hot with cooked rice.
- • You can substitute tomato paste with garlic and coriander mixture.