Recipe for Mint Glazed Pears
- Here’s an easy way to turn canned pears into an elegant dessert.
- 1 can (1 lb.) pear halves, drained
- 1 package (3 oz.) Jell-O Lime or Lemon-Lime Gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Arrange pear halves in skillet. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add mint extract. Then pour over pears. Broil, basting often, until glaze begins to bubble and pears are lightly tinted -about 15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Makes 5 to 8 glazed pear halves, or 3 or 4 servings.
- Mint-Glazed Pears-the glaze is lime gelatin flavored with mint.