Spring Rice Salad with Alfalfa Sprouts
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil juice and pulp of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- * In a large salad bowl, combine rice, peas, scallions, and spinach.
- * In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and pulp, basil, oregano, and mustard.
- * Toss half of the dressing with the rice mixture, then arrange sprouts atop rice and drizzle the remaining dressing over them. (Sprouts are not tossed with rice because they tend to mat and tangle when mixed.) Serve at room temperature in individual sa lad bowls.
- * Makes 4 servings