Syrian stuffed zucchini in yoghurt recipe
- 48 ounces small zucchini
- 21 ounces minced meat
- 3 tablespoons fried pine nuts
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shortening or butter
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 64 ounces cooked yoghurt
- • Wash well zucchini.
- • Remove stems with a sharp knife.
- • Hollow zucchini with an apple corer.
- • Wash inside and out. Drain.
- • Fry zucchini with shortening until golden. Place aside.
- • Fry minced meat with a dash of salt and pepper until tender.
- • Mix half the quantity of pine nuts with minced meat.
- • Stuff zucchini with meat. Do not over stuff.
- • Shake to spread the filling.
- • Arrange stuffed zucchini in a pot.
- • Pour 1 cup water. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- • Add stuffed zucchini to cooked yoghurt.
- • Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- • Place stuffed zucchini and yoghurt in serving plates.
- • Sprinkle on top minced meat and pine nuts.
- • Serve accompanied with cooked rice.