Tamarind rice a lunch box recipe can be prepared with various methods. Here is one more method to prepare the delicious tamarind rice with richness of Indian masala. This recipe will be at its best if its served along with pickle as a side dish.
Ingredients for Tamarind Rice:
- Rice – 2cup
- Tamarind – Lemon Size
- Mustard seeds, black gram – 1 teaspoon
- Sun dried Chilli – 5
- Curry leaves – As required
- Asafoetida – ½ teaspoon
- Fenugreek – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Bengal gram – 1 teaspoon
- Oil, Salt – As required
- Roast the Fenugreek and Asafoetida And grind them. Add oil in pan and roast the Mustard seeds, black gram, Curry leaves, Sun dried Chilli and Bengal gram.
- Mix the tamarind syrup, salt, turmeric powder and boil them. With this add the powdered Fenugreek and Asafoetida. Again boil it well.
- Then add with rice and mix well, now the tamarind rice is ready.