Are you planning to have a barbeque bash with your friends? You are so excited about this plan, but you don’t own a grill. Don’t worry, there is a simple solution for this issue, which is building your own barbeque grill. I would like to share some of the interesting tips with you. You may also like our article about culinary careers in the military.
Basically, barbeque is a style and tool of cooking food, through heat from charcoal and wood. These days, this particular word is often used to refer to a party or a gathering. The fun of a party or a gathering becomes double when a barbeque is set up outside in the backyard or garden. It is certainly the best part of a party.
Generally, there are three ways of barbeque cooking. They are cooking by utilizing indirect heat, braising, and griddling or grilling. It requires lots of time to cook by using indirect heat.
Cooking with indirect heat or low temperature or low-level direct heat is one of the oldest techniques of barbeque cooking. This method may take up to several hours to prepare the food.
Braising is the combination of cooking on moist, dry and direct heat. In this method a broth-filled pot for the moist heat is used while a ribbed surface is used for the dry heat. The cooking is performed at different level, starting with gradual and then fast cooking.
Grilling or griddling is a method of barbeque cooking on a ribbed-surface over dry and indirect heat. Normally electricity, gas, charcoal or wood is used in this process. The food is prepared over the fire on a flat surface on moist heat.
At first, it is necessary to be confirmed about the size and position of the grill. The grill should correspond well to the screen cover and the grill grate. Once you have determined the location and the size of the grill in your garden or backyard, you will need a round piece of tin, grate, wood, plaster and bricks.
Instructions To Build A Barbeque Grill:
• The diameter of grill should be smaller than the diameter of the grill grate.
• Determine the size of the grill on the ground using the grill grate as a guide. Then lay the heat-proof sheet of metal over it.
• Lay the bricks in the manner that they touch each other spherically.
• When a layer of circle is completed, create a new layer. Use new bricks to overlap the two bricks.
• Till you get the desired height, you can keep on adding layers. Normally the height between 18 inches and 2 feet is sufficient.
• Set the stones in the fire pit’s base. Put some firewood inside it.
• Kindle the fire until you get a fair amount of glowing in the bottom.
• Use the grill grate to cover the fire pit.
Now you barbeque grill is all set. You can use it whenever you have a gathering or party at your home. The combination of nice grill and perfect cooking will surely be appreciated by your friends and families.
Author Bio: Harold Peterson frequently writes about cooking and culinary programs in California. Read more of his article on our blog if you are passionate about cooking.