Tomato a good source of vitamin C and vitamin A can be added in our daily dishes in the form of tomato rice. The nutrients on tomato can be served as a lunch box food in the form of tomato rice.
- Rice – 2 cup
- Tomato – 4
- Big onion – 2
- Green chilli – 4
- Curry leaves – as required
- Mustard seeds, black gram – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1
- Fennel seed – 1 teaspoon
- Cloves – 3
- Ginger – small piece
- Garlic – 5 pieces
- Cilantro, mint – as required
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee – as required
- Oil and salt – as required
Procedure to prepare tomato rice :
- Chop the onion, green chilli, tomato as small pieces.
- Heat the oil and then add mustard seeds, black gram, curry leaves, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cloves, cumin seeds one by one and roast it.
- After that add chopped onion, green chilli, suppressed ginger, garlic, mint and roast.
- Finally add the chopped tomato and then add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and boil it well.
- Then add this mixture for two cups of rice and mix it, finally add the ghee and cilantro leaves and stir well. Now the tomato rice is ready to serve.