Vermicelli with Asparagus and Slivered Chicken
- 1/2 pound chicken cutlets, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse mustard
- 3 1/2 ounces vermicelli
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (about 26 spears), tough ends removed and spears chopped into l-inch lengths
- juice and pulp of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut or olive oil
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- * Preheat the broiler or grill.
- * Rub chicken with 1 teaspoon mustard, then broil or grill until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- * Meanwhile, cook vermicelli in boiling water for 4 minutes, then add asparagus and boil for 4 minutes more. Drain.
- * When chicken is cool, tear it into slivers with your fingers.
- * In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and pulp, oil, 1/2 teaspoon mustard, and nutmeg.
- * In a large serving bowl, toss together chicken, vermicelli and asparagus with the dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve warm
- * Makes 4 servings